In partnership with schools, parents, and community organizations BGCP implements proven social and academic interventions. These programs provide students with the opportunities to achieve in school and in life. We share facilities, curriculum, data, and staff training to deliver acdemic and social interventions designed to increase student outcomes and graduation rates.
- Academic enrichment and support
- Access to 1:1 tutoring and long-term mentorship
- College and career exposure
- Chances to make meaningful choices about their lives
- New opportunities to discover individual talents and passions
- Engaging electives, such as sports, the arts, gardening & robotics
After school programs
Our K-12 extended learning sites offer an innovative academic and enrichment program which runs in collaboration with schools, districts, cities, nonprofits, and families. Our programs are a place of belonging and a safe haven. They are filled with positive peer groups and adults who care, who mentor, and who inspire. Here, young people find the support they need to face challenges and fulfill their potential. Our high school program provides academic support and career readiness: i.e., academic case management, skill building towards clubhouse job opportunities, tutoring, homework help, financing support, and college application.
The Summer Academy extends learning opportunities beyond the classroom for two months of grade-level education. To apply, click the corresponding link beneath the applicable program. To submit your application, simply bring your application to orientation day!
K-5 Grade Summer Learning Academy
- 5-week program from 8am-4pm
- Certified teachers providing 3 hours of intensive instruction in English and math
- 4 hours of enrichment programs in partnership with Galileo Learning (e.g. STEM, fitness and art
- 6:1 student to adult ratio (teachers, BGCP staff members and community volunteers), enabling small group learning that is hands-on and fun
- Daily nutritional breakfast, snacks, and lunch
Middle School 6-8 Grade Aim High Partnership
In partnership with our local school community and Aim High we are providing programs including math, science, humanities, issues & choices as well as on and off-campus field trips exposing our youth to colleges and careers.
high school program
- 5-week program from June 13 - July 15 12pm-7pm
- Freshman Rise Up: A transition program preparing rising 9th graders for their first year of high school.
- Career "tracks" that map to youth's interests and aspirations (e.g. digital art, culinary, business, athletics, law, education, health)
- LinkedIn Lab: All students (10th - 12th) complete a LinkedIn profile, use LinkedIn to document the skills they acquire and make connections with new people, and explore college and career opportunities
- Career tracks at Google and LinkedIn: students engage in daily professional challenges that simulate real world scenarios
Have any questions about our summer programs? Fill out the form below.