In partnership with schools, parents, and community organizations BGCP implements proven social and academic interventions. These programs provide students with the opportunities to achieve in school and in life. We share facilities, curriculum, data, and staff training to deliver acdemic and social interventions designed to increase student outcomes and graduation rates.
- Academic enrichment and support
- Access to 1:1 tutoring and long-term mentorship
- College and career exposure
- Chances to make meaningful choices about their lives
- New opportunities to discover individual talents and passions
- Engaging electives, such as sports, the arts, gardening & robotics
After school programs
Our K-12 extended learning sites offer an innovative academic and enrichment program which runs in collaboration with schools, districts, cities, nonprofits, and families. Our programs are a place of belonging and a safe haven. They are filled with positive peer groups and adults who care, who mentor, and who inspire. Here, young people find the support they need to face challenges and fulfill their potential. Our high school program provides academic support and career readiness: i.e., academic case management, skill building towards clubhouse job opportunities, tutoring, homework help, financing support, and college application.
This year, Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula will be partnering closely with the Redwood City School District and Ravenswood City School District to run summer school programs for district students rising into 1st-5th grade. The program is only for students who attend schools within either of the two school districts and have been invited by their school principal or teacher. If you are interested and meet the above criteria, please follow up with your school teacher or principal.
The Summer Academy extends learning opportunities beyond the classroom for two months of grade-level education.
K-5 Grade Summer Learning Academy
- 5-week program from 8am-4pm
- Certified teachers providing 3 hours of intensive instruction in English and math
- 4 hours of enrichment programs in partnership with Galileo Learning (e.g. STEM, fitness and art
- 6:1 student to adult ratio (teachers, BGCP staff members and community volunteers), enabling small group learning that is hands-on and fun
- Daily nutritional breakfast, snacks, and lunch
Middle School 6-8 Grade Aim High Partnership
In partnership with our local school community and Aim High we are providing programs including math, science, humanities, issues & choices as well as on and off-campus field trips exposing our youth to colleges and careers.
high school program
- 6-week program from June 19th - July 28th 12pm - 7pm
- Core tracks that match youths’ interests and aspirations (e.g. art, culinary, business, dance, athletics, health, cosmetology)
- Fun electives to engage with fields like music production, film making, cooking, dance and art!
- Internships at Google, LinkedIn, and other awesome opportunities: students engage in daily professional challenges that simulate real world scenarios
- Free hot lunch and dinner daily!
- Field trips every Friday – including Magic Mountain in L.A.!
- 9th graders only at The Forest Teen Center in Redwood City
- 10th – 12th grade only at the East Palo Alto Teen Center
Have any questions about our summer programs? Fill out the form below.