Interns will work collaboratively with the BGCP Directors, credentialed teachers, and staff to implement a summer academic and enrichment program for elementary age youth. The program is designed to give students’ academic enrichment activities to improve their school outcomes and their interest in learning. The internship will provide an opportunity to experience first-hand work with youth in an educational setting. This is a great role for someone who is considering education as a possible career.
Volunteer as a class assistant during academics & enrichment electives
- Assist in managing a class of 20 or fewer students with the assistance of BGCP staff and a credentialed teacher.
- Designing and running engaging, hands-on enrichment activities.
- Being innovative and open to learning and experimentation.
- Helping to tailor the program to support the students’ efforts and coordinate academic efforts regarding individual members.
- Performing other administrative tasks as needed.
- You will be placed at one of our two different summer programs:
- You must commit to at least 3 consecutive weeks within your program
- Support summer program from 8am-4pm Monday-Friday (full day preferred, see below for half day options)
- Morning shift is 8am-Noon
- Afternoon shift is 1pm-4pm
- Rewarding leadership opportunity available to select returning Program Management Interns
- Support new interns
- Serve as liaison between intern cohort & BGCP staff
- Facilitate team bonding activities for cohort
- Minimum age requirement is to be a rising freshmen (entering the 9th grade this fall)
- Have a desire and experience working with youth.
- Conversational Spanish encouraged but not required.
- Be adaptable and flexible to a changing workplace.
- A positive attitude and mature personality conducive to working effectively as a team player with diverse youth, staff, volunteers, parents/guardians.
2018 Summer Program dates to be posted soon
To express interest in this opportunity, please email email@example.com to be informed when our application for Summer 2018 goes live.